Hamid Seridi received his Bachelor’s degree with honours in 1981, from the University of Annaba, Algeria, and the Master’s degree from the Polytechnic Institute of New-York, USA in 1984, both in Electrical Engineering. He received his PhD in Computer Science with distinction in 2001 from the University of Reims, Champagne Ardenne, France. He was Vice Dean of the Post Graduation, Scientific Research and External Relations in the University of Guelma. Currently he is Professor and Director of Laboratory of Science and Information Technologies and Communication “LabSTIC,” http://labstic.univ-guelma.dz/fr “He is also Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computing and Material Sciences. He is an expert member at the national committee for evaluation and accreditation national projects research. His research interests include approximate knowledge management, pattern recognition and artificial intelligence, data mining, video mining, machine learning and cryptography.
Supervision of students
1. Ouarda Zedadra, Antonio Guerrieri, Nicolas Jouandeau, Giandomenico Spezzano, Hamid Seridi, Giancarlo Fortino, “Swarm Intelligence and IoT-Based Smart Cities”: A Review;The Internet of Things for Smart Urban Ecosystems, 2019.
2. N Guerroui, H Séridi ,”Solving computational square jigsaw puzzles with a novel pairwise compatibility measure”, Journal of King Saud University-Computer and …, 2018
3. Ouarda Zedadra, Antonio Guerrieri, Nicolas Jouandeau, Giandomenico Spezzano, Hamid Seridi, Giancarlo Fortino,” Swarm intelligence-based algorithms within IoT-based systems: A review”- Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 2018.
4. Antonio Guerrieri, Hamid Seridi, Giancarlo Fortino,” Towards a Reference Architecture for Swarm Intelligence-Based Internet of Things”, Journal-Internet and Distributed Computing Systems: 10th International Conference, IDCS 2017, Mana Island, Fiji, December 11-13, 2017, Proceedings; Volume:10794;Pages 75,2018.
5. Karima Benhamza, Hamid Seridi, “Improvement on Image Edge Detection Using a Novel Variant of the Ant Colony System”, - Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers, 2018.
6. Ouarda Zedadra, Meysa Idiri, Nicolas Jouandeau, Hamid Seridi, Giancarlo Fortino, » Lévy walk-based search strategy: Application to destructive foraging”, 018 International Symposium on Programming and Systems (ISPS),2018.
7. Hocine Merabti, Brahim Farou, Hamid Seridi,” A Segmentation-Recognition Approach with a Fuzzy-Artificial Immune System for Unconstrained Handwritten Connected Digits”, Informatica, Volume 42,Issue 1,Pages 95-106, 2018.
8. Zineddine Kouahla, Adeel Anjum, Hamid Seridi,” Indexing through separable partitioning for complex data sharing in P2P systems”, Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, Volume: 35; Issue:6;Pages 6469-6478,2018.
Collaboration and network
Honor and distinction